Philadelphia is home to many small-batch pickle makers who use locally sourced, organic ingredients to create delicious and unique flavors. Here are some of the best small batch pickle makers in Philadelphia:
- Brine Street Picklery: Located in Fishtown, Brine Street Picklery produces handcrafted pickles using locally sourced ingredients. Their pickles come in a variety of flavors, including classic dill, spicy garlic, and sweet and sour.
- Fishtown Pickle Project: Fishtown Pickle Project was started by Chef Mike Sicinski and Dietitian Niki Toscani shortly after gifting handcrafted pickles to their wedding guests. Both have an innate passion for food and all things pickled. Their small-batch fare is purposefully crafted using all natural ingredients and bold flavors that appeal to every palate. These Fishtown locals and professional foodies pride themselves on quality and encourage keeping them refrigerated for the best, freshest taste.
- Doc Pickle: Dr. Pickle sells at over 30 farmers markets and special events throughout the Tri-State Area. Although we no longer make the pickles in a basement, we still use many of our grandfather’s recipes, and, we are a producer and seller of the best pickles & pickled products around.
- New Road Brinery: New Road Brinery’s Tumeric Carrots & Delhi Style Pickles was winner of the Good Food Awards 2021. The Brinery offers “Local Pickup” at Oakmont Farmers Market & Swarthmore Farmers Market.
- The Pickled Chef: Based in Northeast Philadelphia, The Pickled Chef produces small-batch pickles using locally sourced, organic ingredients. Their pickles come in a variety of unique flavors, such as watermelon rind and kimchi.
These are just a few of the many small-batch pickle makers in Philadelphia. Each of these companies offers its own unique take on the classic pickle, so be sure to try them all to find your favorite!
Leave a Reply ·