Philadelphia is a city that loves food, and there is no better place to find fresh produce and delicious local fare than at the city’s numerous farmers markets and food events. Whether you’re a farmer, a foodie, or just someone who wants to eat healthier and support local businesses, staying informed about the latest news and events in the area is essential. In this article, we will explore some of the best news sources for Philadelphia farmers markets and food events, including popular blogs that you should be following.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer: The Philadelphia Inquirer is the city’s premier daily newspaper, and it has an excellent food section that covers everything from local farmers markets to restaurant news. The paper’s food critic, Craig LaBan, is a well-respected voice in the city’s food scene, and his reviews and recommendations are a must-read for anyone who loves to eat. The Inquirer’s food section also features recipes, cooking tips, and news about food-related events in the area.
- Philly Food Finder: Philly Food Finder is a website dedicated to helping locals find the best restaurants, food trucks, and farmers markets in the Philadelphia area. The site features a comprehensive directory of food-related businesses and events, and it also includes news and reviews written by local food bloggers.
- Visit Philadelphia: Visit Philadelphia is the official tourism website for the city, and it has an extensive section dedicated to food and drink. The site features articles about the best restaurants, bars, and breweries in the area, as well as information about upcoming food-related events and festivals.
- Foobooz: Foobooz is a popular food blog that covers the Philadelphia food scene. The site features news and reviews of restaurants and bars, as well as updates about food-related events in the area. Foobooz also has a section dedicated to farmers markets and local food producers, making it an excellent resource for anyone who wants to eat local.
- The Philadelphia Citizen: The Philadelphia Citizen is a nonprofit news organization that covers local news and politics, including stories about the city’s food scene. The site’s food section features articles about local food producers, chefs, and restaurants, as well as news about food-related events in the area.
- Grid Magazine: Grid Magazine is a local publication that covers sustainability, food, and urbanism in the Philadelphia area. The magazine’s food section features articles about sustainable farming practices, local food producers, and food-related events in the area. Grid Magazine also publishes an annual guide to farmers markets in the area, making it an excellent resource for anyone who wants to eat local.
- Edible Philly: Edible Philly is a local food magazine that focuses on the city’s food culture. The magazine features articles about local food producers, chefs, and restaurants, as well as recipes and news about food-related events in the area. Edible Philly also publishes an annual guide to farmers markets in the area, making it an excellent resource for anyone who wants to eat local.
In conclusion, if you want to stay up-to-date on the latest news and events related to Philadelphia farmers markets and food events, there are many great sources to choose from. Whether you prefer traditional newspapers, online directories, or food blogs, there is something for everyone in Philadelphia’s vibrant food scene. So, start exploring these resources today and discover all the delicious and healthy food that the city has to offer.
Leave a Reply ·